Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board
CEO – Express Personnel Services
Robert A. Funk is chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Express Employment Professionals. Prior to founding Express, Funk gained extensive experience with Acme Personnel Services, beginning as a personnel consultant and then rising to first vice president.
Funk graduated from Seattle Pacific University (SPU) with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and theology. He completed his graduate studies at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, and received his master’s degree in business administration and theology from SPU. He holds three honorary degrees: an honorary doctorate of public service from SPU, awarded in 1995; an honorary doctorate of law presented by Oklahoma Baptist University in 2000; and an honorary doctorate of law presented by Southern Nazarene University in 2001.
Vice Chairman of The Board of Directors
Jimmy Harrel, Leedey, Oklahoma, has been involved in agriculture and business since early childhood. As a young boy, he learned to rope and ride, farm on a Ford tractor, and tend to horses and cattle along side his father and brothers. He became a business man when he sat with his father at the area cattle sale barns and learned to raise his arm and bid on and purchase his first calves for wheat pasture.
Jimmy Harrel graduated from Leedey High School and from Oklahoma State University with a double major in Animal Science and Agriculture Education. High school FFA projects of livestock showing and judging led him into college agriculture experiences. As a two year member of the OSU Livestock Judging team, traveling across the nation. Second high Individual at Chicago was a highlight of his judging. He taught Vocational Agriculture and served as an administrator then returned to ranching.
In 1985, he became an owner of the Bank of Western Oklahoma in Elk City, Oklahoma, and developed it into one of the premium agriculture lending banks in the state. The Bank Of Western Oklahoma, is known for its fair dealing, as the motto indicates, “Where a handshake is a binding contract.” The Bank of Western Oklahoma is now located in Weatherford, Woodward, Vici, Cordell, Elk City, and Geary, Oklahoma.
Jimmy has served on the following board and commissions:
- Local and Dewey County Fair Boards
- Member of the Oklahoma Wildlife Commission, Chairman of the Board
- Member of the State Board of Agriculture, Chairman of the Board
- Member of the Board of Regents for A & M Colleges, Chairman of the Board
- Presently serves as a Member of the Board of Regents of Higher Education and has served as Chairman of the Board
- Named to Oklahoma Task Force Team
- Member of the Oklahoma Tax Evaluation Ad Hoc Commission State Opinion Leader Team
- Ag Leadership Team to Mexico
- Oklahoma Quarter Horse Association
- American Quarter Horse Association
- OSU Alumni Association
- OSU Animal Science Alumni Association – Jimmy has been recognized and awarded in the following areas: OSU Outstanding Animal Science Alumni
- State and National FFA Business Man of the Year
- Dewey County Farm Bureau Farm Family of the Year
- Oklahoma Youth Expo Show Honoree
- Woodward District Show Honoree
- Oklahoma 4-H Outstanding Alumni
- VIP Award, Oklahoma FFA Association
- Dewey County Hall of Fame member
- Honorary FFA degree Oklahoma FFA Association
- Honorary FFA degrees from Leedey, Elk City, Geary, Cordell, Merritt, Canute and Taloga FFA chapters
- Owner Award Quarter Horse of the Meet, Remington Park, Okla. City Owner Award Quarter Horse of the Meet, Ruidoso Downs Race Track, N.M.
- AQHA owner award World Champion Colt 2010
Jimmy Harrel has been instrumental in promoting youth and agriculture, has worked with Governors of Oklahoma and Secretary of Education, Sandy Garrett to keep vocational agriculture a vital part of of the public school curriculum. Jimmy and his wife, Marilyn have one daughter, Keela Terry, who with her husband, David Terry, reside in Weatherford, Oklahoma, with their daughter, Taylor and son, Ryan.