Students must be enrolled at an Oklahoma educational institution (an institution within the state of Oklahoma) that provides an educational program that is acceptable for full credit towards a bachelor's or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
Once a student has enrolled at an institution of higher education at a certified Oklahoma educational institution, the student will receive a bill for the current semester's expenses (Bursar's Statement). OYE must have a receipt of enrollment, which lists all charges incurred by the student. The receipt must have a balance due. The following are the steps each scholarship recipient MUST follow in order to redeem OYE scholarship funds:
NOTE: The following steps must be followed EACH SEMESTER until your scholarship money has been depleted:
1) Obtain the institution's detailed billing statement in your name. Make sure the billing statement has your name, your student identification number, and the educational institution's name and address.
2) Obtain a copy of the current semester's class schedule.
3) Obtain a copy of your transcript - can be unofficial. NOTE: If the student is a freshmen is in college, send your high school transcript until you have received grades in college.
4) Email, fax or mail the billing statement, class schedule, student's birthdate and transcript to the Oklahoma Youth Expo office.
Mailing Address: Oklahoma Youth Expo, 500 NW 30th, OKC, OK 73118
Fax: (405) 235-1727
5) Once the Oklahoma Youth Expo has received your request and all required items, the Oklahoma Youth Expo will issue a check in your name to the Educational Institution.